CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Keeping the Faith

Keeping the Faith
Holding on to your faith in God is the number one key to standing on the promises of God. Below you will find a story of a situation that required me to hold on to my faith!!!

Mark 11:22-26 (New International Version)
22"Have[a] faith in God," Jesus answered. 23"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."[b]



Some moments are just special…


Some moments are just special...MW and I decided to have lunch at the airport to enjoy our concluding hours together before his return to Iraq. All day long I prayed for the strength not to cry at the airport…I wanted MW to see me standing strong and full of peace and joy! Even if my heart was breaking with the thought of being separated again for the man I love. I wanted him to get on that plane with memories of the peace on my face. With that being said we both thought a relaxed lunch at TGIF would set the tempo for my goal! I must be honest this was a difficult goal for me to reach. Than it happened someone came along and made the difference in my life!

MW and I were finishing our lunch when this older lady we did not know walked up to our table with her husband closely behind (MW said her husband was in shock …with a look that said, “What is this woman doing??????”) First she said. “Please forgive me for interrupting your very precious personal time…but I had to come over here… to Say “Thank you Sir for your service and Thank you Mrs., for your sacrifice.” We both said, “You are very welcome!” With that the older lady and her husband quietly walked away and some how I felt a bit stronger.

We spent those final hours in the airport talking about the future we pray and hope for. And honestly I spent many moments praying for all the many soldiers who filled our section of the airport. Men and women on their way to a place to do a job that means so much to each of us. When the moment finally came for MW to board the plane we stood looking into each others eyes saying “ I love you and will talk to you soon” I held his glance for an unforgettable moment of grace and than the moment came and I release his hand to let him go with confidence and peace to do his duty.

The tears did not really fall until I made it to the safety of my car! So you see God does give each of us the strength we need for our journey!

Wishing You the Best,
Tara JW

0 comments: