CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day: "My Thoughts" (Ideas)

Did you know the word idea was added to the grammatical definition of a noun?

A noun is now defined in text books as a person, place, thing or an idea.

Dictionary.com defines an idea as:
1)any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
2)a thought, conception, or notion.
3)an impression
4)an opinion, view, or belief
5)a plan of action; an intention
6)a groundless supposition
7)a concept developed by the mind;a conception of what is desirable or ought to be; ideal; an archetype or pattern of which the individual objects in any natural class are imperfect copies and from which they derive their being.
8)Music. a theme, phrase, or figure.
9)Obsolete-a likeness; a mental image.

Now that we have gathered all that information. I noted all that to say this:

My son, Michael, loves to say "I got an idea..." I just listen and marvel at his whole thought process. I think to myself (an unspoken thought),"Wow!, was I like that creative when I was his age?" So, vibrantly vocal, revealing the unfiltered pure ideals from his mind that can simply cause things to come to life. There was no degree of difficulty in his thoughts as he spoke, just a simple plans and a,"Mommy, let us do it!" I thought agian to myself." I need to grab a hold of all that confidence and go, then thought,"Was there something in the course of my life that paralyzed (a pair of lies; Jhn 8:44) that creative aspect in me?" Salah! Michael and I spent Mother's Day just that way..."in his ideas." After all he is the reason why I am a mother. His ideas had us doing all sorts of little games. I guess my favorite two were playing basketball on his many basketball goals around his room. His mother must have been very fond of the sport. LOL!!! :}(laugh out loud) I played it for twelve years of my life from grade school to college. My second favorite was falling asleep together in his top bulk bed. I loved the Mother's Day that he designed for us, from the beautiful card he colored to the endless hugs and kisses he gave me...I am a mother.

Sometimes, being a mother can give a "I" do not exist anymore feeling. But, "YES," "I" do , "I" just have this little piece of me that exist and he needs my attention a lot more. And as he grows, "I" grow also. We will bud and blossom on various occasions together. :) I have a co-worker that is expecting her first child. Wow! I see her often , but I talk to "Baby Joyrden" daily.
She ask me, "Do I even exist anymore?" I reply "Yes, you are just two in one (2N1). I guess that shines light upon the Trinity, the 3N1, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

I can't help but to wonder the thoughts of Mary, the mother of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, must have had. How do you mother the child with the plan to save all of mankind? Wow!... Very prayerfully. I also like to think maybe it was not much different from the thoughts we who are mothers, god mothers, grandmother (nanas), and mothers to those we love. From the preparation of their meals, their clothing, their educations, the countless prayers for them and all that we/and they do. And with all that responsibility let us always seek to remember not to allow our "thoughts" for them to do anything, but be sparkles of water that nurture situations.

In other words do not worry knowing that the book of Jeremiah 1:5 states "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

Our children are truly God's property , we just have to give them back to Him. It is not nor will it ever be an easy thing to do, but it is the best thing we could as parents or guardians do for them. It is God's awesome creative power that does the ultimate work. We just wait...as a waitress (or waiter) in service to Him in prayer to receive more "thought tips." :](Isa 26:3 Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee. and Isa 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.)

May we continue to allow God to anoint us in the blessing of parenthood and/or guardianship.

More of my poetic voice:

"My Inner Thoughts (Ideas)"

My inner thoughts...
What do they say?,
What do they mean?,
What do they do to me?,
Are they for me?,
Or will I just allow them to pass through my mind?...,
Then get left behind.,
Thoughts that could have been told.
Maybe, even helped someone.
Who knows?
My inner thoughts?

Salah! (think)

Until next time....


EricaJ

0 comments: