CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One Sunday Morning at a Special Service

One Sunday Morning at a Special Service…

This song (see below video) has always meant so much to me...I can remember growing up in the church. It was amazing to see believers worship the Lord to this song. I am a woman now and I am still moved by this Hymn. God is so good...it does not matter what you may be facing today...just remember that the Blood of Jesus is the power and strength you need for your journey.

About 5 years ago I went back to my hometown to celebrate a friend’s baptism. I was so proud of his decision to rededicate his life to Christ and experience his baptism as a man. At a time in his life were he completely understood the level of commitment he was making to his faith. He and I spent time talking about what all of this meant for him…and in his own way he expressed to me just how precious this acknowledgement was to him. As for me…I was just in high spirits to be invited to this special event.

That beautiful Sunday morning I got up right on time with time to spare…because I most definitely did not want to be late for church. After all this would be my first time attending services at his family church. I arrived at the church just in time to get a good seat…the piano was playing the best of gospel Hymnals! Honestly…I just sat there while my soul/spirit began to get filled with the joy of the Lord. I told myself to take a chill pill…not start shouting in my friend’s family church…after all maybe those people did not like that kind of praise and worship. Before I had to take the time to convince myself to relax again the service started. I could not have been happier to move a service along.

Then it happened the choir stood up to sang my favorite hymnals (songs like the one below). I started to rock a little to try and relieve my urge to jump up and shout thanksgivings to my Lord and King. While sitting there I remembered the words of God.




1 John 2:23 (King James Version)
23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also
.


After being reminded of that scripture...I stood to my feet and begin to worship and praise the Lord in my own way. By the time I opened my eyes from this special time of giving God the glory He deserves…most of the congregation was in the mist of their own worship. That Sunday morning was great…I was so honored to be a guest at this beautiful church. Being a witness at my friend’s baptism was a joy divine. And being reminded of the importance of honoring God with my praise and worship no matter what was a priceless experience! I know what it feels like to be reminded of worshipping God with my whole heart!

Wishing you the best!
Tara JW

0 comments: