A couple of weeks ago I went through the terrible misfortune of the kids two Pekingese dogs, Pogo and Solomon ("the boys") , being lost.:{ We searched tirelessly, had signs made and prayed to God for them to come home safely. As I went through each day just feeling like something was missing. With every thought the time that the "the boys" and I had spent together on a daily basis became more real in our time of absence. I was not quite the same person without them. Then finally.....through all our hard work and nationwide prayers, a lady had seen the signs and "the boys" were thankfully back home.:}
It had been over seventy-hours, "the boys" were fine and together. Even through their ordeal they had the sense to stick together. Sometimes as believers in Christ Jesus we may stray away from God, BUT He, as we did with "the boys", is looking for us the whole time. In the time that we are apart from Him, He has the same feeling that His precious child is missing. He's sends out signs to people and even us, in many different ways, letting them know I need your help getting my child back to me. We have to become like the "the boys" in our stray situations and get back to God. The whole time they were gone I did not know all that they went through, I just know that they were glad to be back. I did not even become upset with them. I was just so thankful to have them home. Even in those times that we have strayed from God, He always sticks with us. He never gives up on His children.
Remember: God Loves US!
Luke 15:4-7
4"What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninty-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?" 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to then."Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!" I say to you likewise ther ewill be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninty-nine just persons who need no repentence.
Until next time,
EricaJ


1 comments:
Great example for us to follow. Great story for my kids to read. Thank you!!!!
Post a Comment