CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Red Lace Easter Dress…

The Red Lace Easter Dress

Growing up my mother was a wonderful seamstress…I can remember so many of the cute little outfits she made for my sisters and I. I felt like a kid star putting on those short outfits and beautiful summer dresses. There is something so special about having something made just for you…not to mention the fact that Momma always knew how to make us feel like a Million bucks! When I think back on the full collection of lovely items Momma made for me...I am reminded of the one that meant the most to me. I could not have been more than 11 years old that year…let’s see I was getting tall and kind of skinny…maybe you remember that stage in your life it can be a bit uncomfortable.

Easter was a very exciting time at the church we attended and the Youth Ministry had scheduled an Easter fashion show for us. Everyone was excited about it even I was…with my skinny legs and awkward manner. Like the rest of the youth group after choir rehearsal my siblings and I rushed home to tell Momma and Daddy about the fashion show. After all Momma would have to put our fashion show outfits together on such short notice. After letting our parents in on the Easter fashion show news …Momma said “Give me some time to think about this.” With a smile we all walked away knowing Momma would take care of everything!

A couple of days later Momma came to me saying “I have figured out what to do about what your siblings will wear…but…I have something very different I want to do for you. That is when I saw the bag with the beautiful cardinal red lace fabric in it. Momma said “Tara…I am going to make you the most beautiful red lace dress!” To tell you the truth I was sooooo excited about it…I will never forget standing there waiting as Momma measured me for my dress. I thought to myself “I wonder what it will look like…will it be long…short…fitting or flowing…it really did not matter…because I new just how good Momma was at this!” She never let me down… my dress was the most popular one at the Easter fashion show and it was the only original dress…made by my lovely mother.

We all looked great…each of us in our own special way…I am sure Momma said something special to each of my siblings that day when she decided on what she would do for each of us! Parents are beautiful like that…they know just how to reach each one of their children from the heart! That year and always there has been so much love shared in my family…I hope to always share it with everyone I meet in some way!


My thoughts…


When we went to my parents about the Easter fashion show at church…each of us went with a request to get something from our parents knowing they would take care of everything. We did not have a thought about whether or not our parents had other responsibilities to handle (you know something that could have been “more important”) we just knew they would deliver the best results. Together our parents put our needs and desires ahead of their own.

Today…I smile with great Joy remembering how blessed I am now to have the same love and support of my parents! Every memory in the past, present or future will always be developed for their extraordinary love for us!! A love that God gave them to share with us so freely!


Exodus 20:12 (King James Version)
12Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

1 John 4:7-16 (King James Version)
7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Psalm 128

A Song of Ascents.
1Happy is everyone who fears the Lord,
who walks in his ways.
2You shall eat the fruit of the labour of your hands;
you shall be happy, and it shall go well with you.

3Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots
around your table.
4Thus shall the man be blessed
who fears the Lord.

5The Lord bless you from Zion.
May you see the prosperity of Jerusalem
all the days of your life.
6May you see your children’s children.
Peace be upon Israel!


Wishing you the very best!
Tara JW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story. It reminded me of my mother. AQ

Tara JW said...

Thanks...there is nothing like a heartfelt memory!

Tara JW